Updated: 15 January 2022
Thank you for your interest in booking your special event with us at The Bungalow. The Bungalow is an exclusive venue located in a unique and tranquil coastal setting.
Please note: Our terms and conditions may change without notice. All updates to our terms and conditions will be found on this page.
Bookings and Payment
The Bungalow events & gatherings must comply with all Government covid requirements even if they are different to when the booking was confirmed.
- To secure a booking, a non-refundable deposit of $975 is required to be paid along with a copy of signed terms & conditions.
- Bookings are only confirmed once the deposit and signed terms & conditions are received.
- Payment of the deposit is due within 7 working days of the invoice being issued, or immediately if booked within 7 working days of the event.
- If payment of the deposit invoice is not received within the specified time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- Payments are to be made directly to The Bungalow account.
A refundable bond of $600 is included on the invoice and is to be paid 7 days prior to the event.
Bond fees are to be made directly to The Bungalow account.
As an exclusive and private wedding event destination, it is expected that the premises will be left in a clean and tidy state. Refund of bond shall only be made if all obligations of these terms and conditions remain fulfilled, no additional cleaning is required or damage to The Bungalow premises or its contents sustained on inspection after the event. Any applicable costs incurred for replacement and/or repair or additional cleaning or sorting glass bottles will be deducted from the bond.
Damage and Loss
Any damage to The Bungalow shall be reported to The Bungalow owners. Major damage shall be reported immediately, minor such as to contents can reported prior to departure.
Any loss or damage to The Bungalow premises, contents, buildings or grounds will be charged to the hirer.
No responsibility will be accepted for any damage to or loss of any property brought to or stored on the premises by the Hirer. Keys will be provided to secure all buildings. Nothing is to be driven into or attached in any way to ceilings, walls, floors, furniture or furnishings without prior permission. No writing, painting or disfigurement is to be applied to interior or exterior of buildings.
No vehicles on the lawn on the seaside of the venue room and accommodation areas without prior permission.
Umbrellas are to be closed down over night and during windy periods to prevent damage. Smoking & vaping is not permitted inside the venue room, terrace units and main house.
All rubbish is to be placed in bins provided or removed from the premises.
Each different coloured glass bottle is to be placed in the appropriate labelled bin. Mixing different coloured bottles within bins may result in a sorting fee for time taken to do so being deducted from the bond by the owner.
Tables & Chairs / Marques / Camping
A set number of tables & chairs are included in venue hire.
Marquees may be permitted but only after discussion and agreement with the owners Camping/motor homes may be permitted but only after discussion and agreement with the owners. This is usually only permitted if all accommodation is booked for the duration of the event.
Open fires including braziers, fireworks and hangi are not permitted on The Bungalow premises.
Event Props / Video / Music
No hay bales used as props are to be brought onto the premises.
Owners must approve the use of mobile catering, drinks caravans and large structures prior to bringing on site.
Nothing is to be driven into or attached in any way to ceilings, walls, floors, furniture or furnishings without prior permission. No writing, painting or disfigurement is to be applied to interior or exterior of buildings.
The source and output (band & speakers) for all music shall remain in the venue room. Music must finish by 12am
Hitting/teeing off golf balls across the road towards and into the beach/sea or neighbouring property is not permitted. This is not environmentally acceptable behaviour and it posses a safety risk to public and animal life on the road, beach and neighbours property.
Drone recording shall be respectful of neighbours, their property and public privacy on & around the beach areas.
Health & Safety
It is the person/s hiring the venues responsibility to ensure that everyone involved with the event is aware of the following health & safety aspects:
• Fire / Emergency exit locations and keeping them clear from obstruction.
• Provision of a cell phone for emergency purposes.
• Maintaining good order & behaviour of guests on the premises, towards neighbours and public ie at the beach so that they will not cause, suffer or permit disorderly conduct and damage to the premises to arise.
• Children are not permitted in the storage container due to stacked, heavy & glass items and chemicals.
• Children must be supervised at all times and are the responsibility parents and those attending the event.
• No person should cross the low fence on the seaside boundary of the premises or climb down the rock wall or enter the private residence area below the rock wall on the eastern side of the property. These areas have water, traffic, road and steep bank hazards.
• Persons serving drinks are to be act responsibly and not serve drinks to those who are intoxicated.
• It is expected that food is served at events where alcohol is being provided.
• The beach on Greenwood Road is not considered to be a swimming beach. The beach is extremely rocky as visible during lower/low tides. The beach does not have life guard patrols.
Security and Access
All necessary keys will be provided for buildings and rooms being hired.
No gang patches on site.
Security patrols, monitoring and camera surveillance may be engaged without notice.
Events and gatherings at The Bungalow must comply with all Government covid requirements even if they are different to when the venue booking was confirmed. Covid Tracer QR codes are located on site & all guests must scan upon arrival. The QR code is the same for the entire venue, so once one is scanned no other is needed to be scanned.
All event guests will have vaccine passes scanned at arrival.
On booking The Bungalow, you are acknowledging and accepting these terms and conditions, Government/covid, Health & Safety requirements. The Owners reserve the right to query a booking after confirmation should there be reason to suspect that these terms & conditions will not be met.
A printed copy will be supplied for your signed agreement.
Greg & Sandra Parker Owners - The Bungalow